Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
My sister is an amazing cook and she made this for a BBQ and it was a big hit! I haven't been able to try it yet, but it sounds so delicious! You can even substitute with the veggies you enjoy most! Also if you can add the serving size and prep time, that would be great, since I haven't made this to know exactly!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 small bell peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) package whole mushrooms (prefer portabello or baby bellos)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated romano cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- garlic powder
- Cut veggies, excluding artichoke hearts, into large chunks and place in a pan. Toss with a light coat of olive oil, plenty of freshly ground black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Let it marinate for one hour. Fire up your grill (she uses her Foreman grill) and get those veggies grillin'! You still want them to be somewhat firm because they'll still continue to cook a little when you take them off the grill, so you don't them to turn mushy. Place onto a large plastic dish (avoid metal or glass - tends to keep the cooking process going.) Chill in the refrigerator for one hour until completely cooled down.
- Once the veggies are cold, cut them up into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl. Cut up the artichoke hearts into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, chop up the garlic and put in a small bowl (a garlic press may make that easy) and put in a small bowl. Measure out lemon juice and mustard and whisk lightly. Add balsamic vinegar (about 1/2 cup, maybe less) and whisk. Slowly begin drizzling olive oil into the bowl as you whisk. Add fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Pour dressing (to taste) over veggies and toss lightly. Add the cheese and pine nuts and toss again. Chill for about 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!
This salad is amazingly good. I did leave out the artichoke hearts because I just don't like them but it was still a good salad. Made for Fall Pack '07. Thanks for posting.