Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
It's from " that other site" Fast, quick and easy. You can add a handful of shredded cheese if you like for an added zing.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large bowl,combine flour, baking powder,sugar,cream of tartar and salt.
- Stir in butter and milk just until moist.
- Drop batter on a lightly greased cookie sheet by the tablespoon.
- Bake in preheated oven til golden on the edges, about 8- 12 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Love this! Quick, easy, and tastes good. All ingredients that I have on hand, so little forethought needed. Have made them at least twice and family has devoured them.
Wow. The kids devour this everytime we make them. I'm throwing my Bisquick away!
Myrna, Had poor results with first batch I tried, had to reduce oven temp. to 375 for second batch (my oven is a little fussy, so each his own) When I made second I added a beaten egg and 1/2 tsp vanilla. That got rave reviews and all crumbs eaten. Thanks for sharing. I will try original recipe again this time at less heat CB