1/2 Photos of Angela's Chocolate Cream Pie
Whenever I prepare dinner for a friend (new baby, death in family, etc.), I always include this yummy pie, along with a carton of Cool Whip. It's the perfect ending to any meal. (Prep time does not include chilling).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, flour, cocoa and salt in small bowl.
- 2Blend well.
- 3Stir in 1/4 cup milk and egg yolks.
- 4In a saucepan, combine remaining 3/4 cup sugar and remaining 2 cups milk; place over medium heat and gradually bring to a boil.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir 1 cup hot milk mixture into the cocoa mixture, then return to saucepan.
- 7Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- 8Let mixture boil for 5 minutes while continuing to stir.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- 10Pour into pie shell and let chill 2-3 hours before serving.
- 11Top each slice with a dollop of Cool Whip when serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angela's Chocolate Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 311.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g