1/2 Photos of Angela's Chicken Tikka Masala
1 hr 15 mins
I loveeeeeeee this chicken!! I hope you enjoy it! I've only used my curry paste to make this dish...but if you reallllllllly dont want to make mine *sniff*, you can use whatever kind you wish to use. I highly recommend making the recipe as is... you'll just LOVE it! (this recipe of curry paste makes extra; Save the extra for later or make a smaller amount)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 25 peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
Ingredients for the rest of the dish
- 3 chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes (nice sized, seeded and chopped, save as much of the juice as possible! amount of tomato plus juice s)
- 75 ml heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons curry paste (see recipe above)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 1Prepare all ingredients for curry paste.
- 2Heat fry pan and add all ingredients and heat for 4-5 minutes.
- 3scrape ingredients into blender and blend until a smooth paste.
- 4Scrape out of blender and put into a small (preferably glass) bowl (glass to prevent staining!).
- 5Clean out your blender.
- 6Curry powder will stain.
- 7Assemble your blender again, as you will be using it again in a few minutes!
- 8Clean chicken and cut into small pieces, approximately 1 inch pieces.
- 9In your blender add garlic, ginger, tomato and yogurt and blend until all is nice and smooth.
- 10Keep lid on blender and set aside for later.
- 11Measure oil into a nice sized pan (one which has a lid) and heat on medium heat.
- 12Add onion and fry for 2-3 minutes (will begin to turn clear).
- 13Add the yogurt-tomato mixture from your blender and stir constantly for one minute.
- 14Add the curry paste and stir constantly for another minute or so.
- 15Then add cubed chicken to the pan and completely mix.
- 16Add heavy cream at this time and stir constantly until mixture starts to bubble.
- 17Add salt and pepper (more or less; whatever you desire), and cover.
- 18reduce heat to low-med heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 19It would be a good idea to start cooking your rice (according to package directions, so it is done at the same time as your chicken tikka!) After 20 mins, check to see if chicken is completely cooked!
- 20Serve over rice!
- 21Be sure to use the gravy as well!
- 22(warning. if you use too much gravy, you can really kill the flavor of this dish. use just enough to coat the rice).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angela's Chicken Tikka Masala
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.5
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 1524.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar