Recipe by grandma2969
can't remember where I got this recipe..but I have eaten them and they were really good...have not baked them myself..
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- cream butter, powdered sugar till light and fluffy.blend in flour, lemon zest, and salt.cover and chill for 1 hour --
- drop by tspful on lightly greased sheet.flatten somewhat.
- bake at 400* for 5-8 minutes.
- remove to racks to cool --
- spread filling over 1/2 of the cookies on flattened sides.
- makes 2 dozen.
- to prepare FILLING:.
- combine ingredients in double boiler.stir and heat till thickened. cool before spreading.