Recipe by sharflan
A recipe from Goose Berry Patch cookbook, Made From Scratch, these rolls are as light as 'angel feathers'! You'll have them begging for more...
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yeast with warm water and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the milk, eggs, sugar, salt and oil.
- Mix in the flour.
- Cover and let rest overnight.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into half and roll each into rounds, 1/4" thickness.
- Try not to work the surface flour into the dough.
- Cut each circle into 8 pie-shaped wedges.
- Roll up each wedge crescent style, starting with the wide end, rolling to the end point. Don't roll them to tight!
- Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet (or on parchment paper) and allow to rest until double in bulk.
- Bake in preheated 375F oven, on the middle rack, for 12 minutes.
- Time shown does not include the 'overnight' period. I've allowed 1 hour for rising (included with cooking time).