- 1 (1/4 ounce) packagequick-rise dry yeast or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rising yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (105* to 115*F)
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- butter, to brush tops after baking (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine oil, buttermilk and yeast mixture; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. (Dough will be sticky.).
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place rolls on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown.