Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple twist on a breakfast casserole. You can add bacon, chopped ham, or fresh broccoli... a great dish to be creative with. This recipe cam from the Angel of the Sea Bed & Breakfast in Cape May, New Jersey. I've been searching for an Angel Puff recipe and this is the only one I've found. If you try it please let me know if you would change anything.
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently until well blended.
- Pour into a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I made this today - I have been looking for a similar recipe for a while. It was ok - it needs a lot more seasoning but a lot less cheese - it was too overpowering, 12 eggs also made it too eggy for our tastes.