Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
Very popular with children! Another recipe I've been using for many, many years. A family favorite!
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Butter Flavor Crisco
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Cream 1/2 C crisco, the cream cheese, and milk in medium bowl until well blended.
- Beat in brown sugar and mix in 1/2 C preserves.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix into creamed mixture.
- Stir in coconut and drop 2 Tbsp of dough into a mound on baking sheet to form each cookie.
- Place 2" apart and bake for 14 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute and remove cookies to cooling rack.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting, combine frosting ingredients in small bowl.
- Beat until well blended.
- Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle each with coconut.
- HINT: Also try peach or pineapple preserves!
I made these cookies for the cookie jar bake-off. The taste on these was just awesome! I did leave out the coconut because my husband will not eat it, but he loves apricots. These were nice and light and delicate tasting. I think these would be good without the frosting even. Now that said I would definitely not recommend leaving out the coconut as my cookies spread out a bit too much with nothing to "bulk" them up and were not very pretty. However, that is my fault -- not the recipes. I would certainly make these again when I need a cookie to take somwhere leaving the coconut in. Great recipe. Thanks for posting.