Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Meringue cookies made with Splenda
- 5 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
Filling suggestions (your choice)
- frosting (any flavour)
- chocolate ganache
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whip egg whites until frothy. (you can use your electric mixer on high or a wire whisk).
- Add splenda, vanilla and salt.
- Mix on high speed until stiff peaks form (about 20 to 30 seconds, longer if using whisk).
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of egg whites onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan. Cool.
- To assemble meringues:.
- Just before serving, sandwich Angel Bites with filling of choice by spreading the filling on the bottom of one cookie and topping with another.
I reduced this to two servings, and used 3 tablespoons of Splenda. I filled them with some warm delicious Fig, Nut and Rum Syrup. These are very light and wonderful little treats that you can make in a snap. :)