Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is taken from a posting on the Dole Foods website. I have eaten this before and it really is good and very easy to prepare. An Angel Food cake is easy to bake if you choose. This recipe can easily be modified to low sugar too by purchasing those ingredients. Great summer time treat! Cooking time is time needed to refrigerate
- 1 (20 ounce) candole crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip Topping
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- seasonal berries
- Mix pudding and pineapple in bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Cut cake horizontally into thirds.
- Spread one-third pudding mixture over bottom layer of cake. Top with second layer. Repeat layering, ending with pudding. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish with your favorite seasonal berries.
Thanks for posting this- this is one of my favorite "light" desserts!
Very good. Nice, refreshing summer dessert without alot of effort.