Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful side dish or a nice treat for your packed lunch. I have made this for company because it can serve a crowd.
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 5 tablespoons low-fat parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook garlic until tender.
- Add tomatoes, salt, basil, and black pepper.
- Cook three minutes.
- Add cooked spaghetti; toss well.
- Add chicken broth and stir.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese.
Oh my! This was just wonderful! A man that works with my husband had given us a big bag of fresh cherry tomatoes that are still producing in his garden this past week, so instead of the diced tomatoes, I halved 28 ounces of the fresh ones....great decision. The flavors of the tomatoes, garlic and basil were excellent! Thanks for a super recipe, Audrey!
Great for a light and easy week day meal! I used a lot of fresh basil and rotel tomatoes with chilies. Simply delicious.
I made this the other night for dinner and we really enjoyed it. My kids are not big fans of chunky tomatoes so they picked out the tomatoes,but my husband and I really enjoyed it. I also added Grilled chicken that I put Montreal chicken seasoning on and it was wonderful. Thank You for this recipe.