Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I make this a lot during the summer months when fresh tomatoes are abundant. It can also be made in the winter months using basil and garlic flavored canned tomatoes.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Cook for three minutes.
- Add hot pasta to skillet and toss well.
- Add chicken broth to skillet and stir.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
I thought this was fabulous and 2 of my 3 kids liked it as well. It has great flavor and was very filling. I did use olive oil and it turned out fine.
Very tasty recipe! DH loved it and requested it again soon. Though next time I might try olive oil instead of veg. oil and add some italian spices to it. I'll let you know. Thanks for a quick, easy, and very tasty dish!!