Recipe by Boca Pat
This is a recipe I got from Womans World diet club. It can be made with any kind of pasta, we just happen to prefer angel hair. This is a real tasty, healthy dish. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by l'ecole
What a quick and easy recipe for one of those "I'm too tired to cook" nights! We substituted whole-wheat linguine for the angel hair (which one can't get in whole-wheat or whole-grain form in our neck of the woods), but other than that followed the recipe to a tee. Topped with a little Parmesan, it made for a delightful and healthy meal, remarkably satisfying. Thanks for posting it!
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 lb eggplant, peeled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley