1/2 Photos of Angel Hair with Shrimp, Basil, and Toasted Pine Nuts
Angel hair is one of my favorite!! But go ahead and use what you like. This is easy! Quick and Delish!!!!!! Serve with a light green salad and Italian bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled,tails left on,deveined,and rinsed (35 to 40 per lb.)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1In a 6- to 8-quart pan over high heat, bring about 4 quarts water to a boil; add angel hair and cook, stirring occasionally, just until tender to bite, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2Drain pasta, reserving about 1/3 cup cooking liquid; return pasta to pan.
- 3Meanwhile, large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter with olive oil.
- 4Add shrimp, garlic, chili flakes, pepper, salt; stir for 2 minutes.
- 5Add wine; stir often until shrimp are opaque.
- 6Cook 2 more minutes.
- 7Stir in basil.
- 8Pour shrimp mixture into pan with cooked pasta; mix gently.
- 9If mixture is too dry, add reserved pasta-cooking liquid.
- 10Divide evenly among four wide, shallow bowls.
- 11Add salt to taste.
- 12Top with pine nuts.
- 13And Grated cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Hair with Shrimp, Basil, and Toasted Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.5
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 249.1 mg
- Sodium 1114.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 37.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili flakes