Recipe by Rita~
Angel hair is one of my favorite!! But go ahead and use what you like. This is easy! Quick and Delish!!!!!! Serve with a light green salad and Italian bread!
Top Review by jems1304
One of the best dishes I've had in a long time and hubby AND 4 year old son agreed. The only modifications made were I threw in 1 diced Roma tomato when I added the basil, I omitted the pepper flakes and I used regular spaghetti because I forgot to pick up angel hair but I think I like it better with the spaghetti so I plan on making it the same way next time.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled,tails left on,deveined,and rinsed (35 to 40 per lb.)
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 6- to 8-quart pan over high heat, bring about 4 quarts water to a boil; add angel hair and cook, stirring occasionally, just until tender to bite, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving about 1/3 cup cooking liquid; return pasta to pan.
- Meanwhile, large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter with olive oil.
- Add shrimp, garlic, chili flakes, pepper, salt; stir for 2 minutes.
- Add wine; stir often until shrimp are opaque.
- Cook 2 more minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Pour shrimp mixture into pan with cooked pasta; mix gently.
- If mixture is too dry, add reserved pasta-cooking liquid.
- Divide evenly among four wide, shallow bowls.
- Add salt to taste.
- Top with pine nuts.
- And Grated cheese.