Recipe by Manami
This recipe hails from the region of Sardegna, found it on barilla.com, created by Lorenzo Boni, and it is exactly what I have been looking for. Not that this would be fare here at the "home" but would like to make it for company or my "special day" another special event here at the home. Once every month, our rooms are stripped down and throughly cleaned and dusted and touched-up with paint to name a few activities then every department asks the resident what they would like for that special day -- we call it "gang tackling".
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 lb lobster tail, cut into 6 pieces
- to taste salt
- to taste fresh ground black pepper
- to taste crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 fresh plum tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 10 leaves fresh basil, chopped or 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion and crushed red pepper flakes; saute 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lobster meat to skillet and continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add wine and tomatoes; continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Stir in basil or Italian seasoning.
- Cook pasta for 1 minute less than package directions.
- Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Add hot pasta and reserved cooking water to sauce mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl and serve.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.