Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
If you're looking for something healthy, and you love garlic, this is for you. Very lowfat, and very high fiber...hearty and filling. To cut prep time, buy bottled minced garlic and a bag of prewashed baby spinach. I serve this with a green salad.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, spray with cooking spray, toss, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, cook until lightly browned (3-4 minutes).
- Add spinach and beans, cook 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer 3 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta, cook 2 more minutes, stirring often.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Wowwweee! This was excellent! The texture was so creamy, but the calories and fat were low. I used 8 oz. frozen spinach (cooked briefly in boiling water, then drained by placing between two plates and squeezing.) I added salt and also a dusting of cayenne pepper while cooking the spinach and beans. I used 9 oz. angel hair pasta and I had a full skillet that easily fed 6. This is a great recipe and I'm so happy I found it!!
Very easy and very tasty meatless meal. My family wanted more spinach than the recipe specified, otherwise we really enjoyed this and will have again. Made for Cool Beans! Cooking Photo event.
Great! I'm pretty picky about the texture of spinach and beans, but this worked. I only added 1 cup of broth and let it cook down longer - until it was more like sauce than soup.