Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is just a recipe I cobbled together from a few different sources and honed during my first semester of college, while I was at the University of Limerick in Ireland. We were all on our own as far as food went, so I started learning how to cook. This was a staple then, and I love even now. Simplicity is glorious.
- 20 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
- Lightly dust the chicken pieces in flour.
- Fry the chicken with a little olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, until lightly browned.
- When chicken is nearly done, add garlic to pan and fry until both are suitably browned.
- Cook the pasta until it's al dente or to your liking.
- Drain the pasta, add chicken and garlic, and then toss it all thoroughly with the butter, lemon juice, garlic powder and herbs.
- Serve with a side of garlic toast and a green salad.