Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
Regions: Liguria Wine pairing: Red
Top Review by School Chef
This was a favorite of mine when growing up. My greart gram always made this for us kids. she would send us to the local bakery for fresh bread, and then to the garden for the basil and tomatoes. thanks for bring back the memories
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 leaves basil
- salt, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino dolce cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Peel and gently press garlic. Add garlic and red pepper.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and tear basil into small pieces. Add cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Discard garlic cloves.
- Cook pasta according to the directions.
- Drain and toss with sauce.
- Garnish with freshly grated cheese.