Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Capelli d'Angelo con Pomodorini e Basilico. Found on barilla.com. We make this when we have to do something in a hurry; at Café Ponce it is on the menu. I happen not to like basil but that is personal preference.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 5 basil leaves or 5 fresh parsley leaves
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino dolce cheese
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Peel and gently press garlic.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and tear basil into small pieces.
- Add cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Season with salt & black pepper, to taste.
- Discard garlic cloves.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and toss with sauce.
- Garnish with freshly grated pecorino.
- Serve with a loaf of freshly warmed bread, a salad of greens and a nice red wine.
So quick and delicious! I used cherry tomatoes and basil from my garden. Great summertime dinner! Made for the bargain Basement tag game.