Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this recipe when my daughter wasn't eating meat. I wanted a side dish that the rest of the family would like, while providing at least some protein with the beans for the one not eating meat. A thicker noodle would hold up to the weight of the tomato and beans better, but we like the taste of the angel hair pasta, so that is what I use.
- 8 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 1⁄2 ounces garbanzo beans or 15 1⁄2 ounces great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 ounces of sliced black olives
- Prepare whole wheat angel hair according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a medium sauce pan, heat the tomatoes, beans, and olives.
- Toss pasta with tomatoe mixture.
It was a nice surprise finding this recipe! It was one of those nights I really had no idea what to make because I didn't have much on hand, so when I came across this and realized these items were in my pantry...it was such a relief! I will be making this again and might try adding marinated artichoke hearts to it as well.