Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
I haven't tried this yet, thought it would be a good summer meal. It's from Betty Crocker's Diabetic Cookbook.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into small cubes
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender but not brown; remove from heat.
- Stir basil, avocado and tomatoes into garlic in saucepan. Toss vegetable mixture with pasta. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
This is very good! We added some sliced scallions to the garlic.
This was a pleasant, if ho hum, pasta entree. It fed 3. The taste was subtle. The pasta would have been woefully dry if I hadn't added extra olive oil, plus some of the pasta cooking water. I also added fresh Parmesan cheese to give it a flavor boost, and an extra clove of garlic. While it was okay, I expect better from Betty Crocker! (I have the diabetic cookbook, too, and the portion amounts that they specify verge on ridiculous!)
Quick, easy & tasty. I think I'll add some lime juice next time to add abit more zest. I liked the addition of the avocado & enjoyed all the other flavours together. Thanks for sharing.