Recipe by Manami
Capelli d'Angelo con Zefferano, Funghi e Petto di Pollo - is a delicious dish! I hope I spelled it correctly - it is also very easy to make. Had this at a friends' house for dinner.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel hair pasta
- 2 pinches saffron
- chopped chives, to taste, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in large skillet over medium-heat.
- Add scallions and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook an additional 4-6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Add remaining extra-virgin olive oil to same skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine and mix well, incorporating any browned bits of chicken that stuck to the bottom of skillet.
- Reduce wine by 1/2.
- Add scallions and mushrooms.
- Cook pasta for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pasta reserving 2 cups of cooking liquid.
- Add saffron to the cooking water to taste; water should be a deep yellow color.
- Add pasta to skillet and continue cooking until al dente, adding enough of the saffron water to thin, as desired.
- Starch released from the pasta will thicken sauce.
- As soon as the pasta is al dente, season with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.
- Serve with white wine and enjoy!