Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Shrimp and pasta blend beautifully with the herbs, salsa and three kinds of cheese in this hearty layered casserole. Enjoy this recipe!
- 1 (9 ounce) angel hair pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, layer half of the pasta, shrimp, feta cheese, Swiss cheese and salsa.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, basil and oregano.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cream and yogurt; pour over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and pasta is tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This was so good, we really enjoyed this tasty treat. It was quick and easy to make, with excellant results. A wonderful comfort meal, thats good enough to share with company. The shrimp were a wonderful addition. The bake was rich, creamy, light, tender, with bites of salsa, cheese and herbs. Loved all the different flavors and textures in this dish. I used collasal shrimp, and angel hair nests, they worked great. Thanks so much for sharing. I will definitely make this again.