Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Taste of Home, submitted by Susan Davidson. I altered some of the steps. Tried and true, my family loves it. Easy to prepare, easy clean-up. Refreshing change from the same old pasta dishes.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1 lb frozen medium shrimp, cooked or 1 lb crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup dried parsley or 3⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the shrimp, pasta, feta cheese, Swiss cheese, and salsa in a bowl.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Mix the Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, basil, and oregano. Sprinkle on the pasta.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, half-and-half, and yogurt; pour over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
Nice change of pace from the usual pasta dishes. Different but good. The original recipe calls for layering everything (posted on Zaar elsewhere), but I like this version - just stir it all up and pop it in the pan. I use dried parsley instead of fresh.