Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
East Side Mario's Posted for request in the recipe request forum.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs vegetables, julienne cut*
- 1 1⁄2 lbs angel hair pasta
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, julienne cut
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, washed (garnish)
- Heat a large pot of water over a medium heat until water boils. Place vegetables in steamer and steam until cooked al dente.
- While vegetables are steaming, cook pasta as per instructions from manufacturer.
- Place a large saute pan over a medium heat. Once pan is hot add olive oil and garlic. Gently saute garlic. Add a good quality chicken stock to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Strain pasta and vegetables and add to saute pan. Add fresh basil, lemon zest, parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Toss pasta thoroughly. Garnish with a sprig of parsley.
- *Primavera vegetables: fresh snow peas, zucchini, red bell peppers, broccoli, carrots.
Delicious! So fresh tasting and super easy. I used the juice of half a lemon instead of the zest.
This was a delicious pasta dish, enjoyed by the whole family, which means I'll be making it again. I used mostly broccoli and orange pepper. The surprise ingredient was the lemon zest and it was really good with the garlic! Thanks for posting, Luvmybge.
Absolutely awesome. Thanks for finding. I had no luck. 1 1/2 lbs ends up being 6 cups. I added extra sundried tomatoes, and parmesan, as well as a pinch of red pepper flakes (just my taste). I took my husbands out before adding the red pepper. This is without doubt one of my favourite pasta dishes (and now I don't have to go out to have it) Leanne ps. I took a picture of it. I will download it and attach it soon.