Recipe by Norb
submitted by Lori and posted on CatholicMom.com in the Lent Recipes - meatless family meals section.
Top Review by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
FANTASTIC!! Looks and tastes gourmet but super easy to fix! I used a red bell pepper so threw in some spinach when the tomatoes were cooking to give it some green. I also doubled the garlic. The addition of real grated parmesan cheese took it "over the top". We'll definitely be using this recipe again! I only had scallops. I can't wait to try it with scallops and shrimp. LOVED it!
- 12 -16 ounces frozen seafood, shrimp & scallops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked & drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, combine olive oil, onion, bell pepper & garlic.
- Sauté over medium heat until veggies are tender.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, salt & pepper.
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add Seafood & simmer another 3 minutes.
- Serve warm sauce over pasta.
- Top with parmesan cheese, if desired.