Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple yet delicious. This pasta is good anytime of the year.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- Heat large pot to boil pasta.
- Drain the tomatoes and save the oil. Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add 2Tbsp of the oil from the sundried tomatoes.
- Saute the onions in the oil and then add the garlic. Cook for one minute. Add the tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and add the sundried tomatoes. Simmer this liquid till it is reduced by half, around another 2 minutes.
- Put pasta in boiling water and cook to al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Save 1/2 cup of pasta water and then drain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the tomato mixture and toss. If the pasta is too dry add some of the reserved pasta water.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Then crumble in goat cheese and add parsely. Stir lightly.
- Serve in bowl.
This is so delicious and so easy!! I over did it a bit with the goat cheese, but in this case just follow the recipe, it's perfect!
Wow! This may be one of the best recipes I have ever cooked! I made some changes, all of which I recommend. I used 12 ounces of medium shell pasta, and a fresh tomato in the place of the paste, which meant that I needed to thicken the sauce with the pasta water and some corn starch. I added garlic powder, chili powder, pasta seasoning herbs, black pepper, and seasoned salt, and used 5 ounces goat cheese.
this is one of those dishes my family requests all the time. It has become a staple in our house. My family likes things a little saucier so I do add about 1/2 - 1 cup spaghetti sauce as well (whatever I have on hand). The other day I also added some fresh spinach in as well and it was a big hit.