Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple dessert by Leslie Revsin.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, thinly sliced (Driscoll's strawberries)
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, chopped & toasted
- In small bowl, toss strawberries and 1 tablespoons brown sugar. Cover and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine cream and remaining brown sugar. Bring to boil, stir constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer several minutes or until sugar is dissolved and cream is light brown in color and smooth in consistency. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain well.
- Return sauce pan to heat, add pasta and toss until thoroughly coated and heated.
- Place pasta in serving bowl or individual dishes.
- Spoon strawberries and juices over pasta.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Serve immediately.