A delicious pasta dish ideal to make with all of that zucchini you have!
Make and share this Angel Hair Pasta With Squash recipe from Food.com.
- Put the water on to boil.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Peel the garlic cloves and smash lightly with the side of a knife to release some of the oils.
- Add the garlic to the oil.
- Wash and dry the zucchini.
- Cut off the ends and use a peeler to make zebra stripes down the length of the zucchini (leaving some of the skin adds flavor to the pan).
- Cut the zucchini crosswise into rounds a little less than 1/4-inch in thickness.
- When the garlic has browned lightly remove it from the pan and carefully add in the zucchini slices in one layer.
- Fry until a nice dark brown on one side.
- Use tongs or two forks to turn them over. When they are brown on the second side remove them to your serving bowl.
- Continue frying the zucchini in batches.
- By now the water should be boiling.
- Add the salt and then stir in the pasta.
- Once the water comes back to the boil the pasta will be done in a minute or so.
- Do not overcook; drain the pasta.
- Empty the oil from the skillet and pour in the drained pasta.
- Stir the pasta to coat with the oil and to pick up flavors from the bottom of the pan.
- Put the zucchini slices on top and then slide the whole thing back into your serving bowl.
- Serve with lots of grated Romano cheese.
Yum! I used whole wheat pasta and halved the recipe. The garlic flavor came through nicely and used Parmesan cheese, it was so good! Thanks!