Recipe by Cookin'withGas
Lighter fare with only the most basic seasoning for a subtle flavor that 'seasoning addicts' may not be able to appreciate...Made more heart healthy with the use of whole wheat pasta, this dish simply cannot be beat!
Top Review by Kelesney
Quick and easy...even, for someone like me who has a back injury...made betterbwith a dash of red pepper flakes and a splash of white wine when waiting the tomatoes...then, continue with directions and serve up with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta (Ronzoni Whole Wheat Pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped (no salt added)
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta per pkg; while it cooks, heat oil in a skillet and saute the onion and garlic over medium heat for 2 minute.
- Add tomatoes to the onion/garlic mixture, along with salt and pepper to taste and cook 3 min more, stirring; then add spinach and toss until wilted.
- Drain pasta and place in a large pasta bowl; add the skillet mixture to the pasta and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.