Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lighter fare with only the most basic seasoning for a subtle flavor that 'seasoning addicts' may not be able to appreciate...Made more heart healthy with the use of whole wheat pasta, this dish simply cannot be beat!
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta (Ronzoni Whole Wheat Pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped (no salt added)
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- Cook pasta per pkg; while it cooks, heat oil in a skillet and saute the onion and garlic over medium heat for 2 minute.
- Add tomatoes to the onion/garlic mixture, along with salt and pepper to taste and cook 3 min more, stirring; then add spinach and toss until wilted.
- Drain pasta and place in a large pasta bowl; add the skillet mixture to the pasta and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and serve.
Quick and easy...even, for someone like me who has a back injury...made betterbwith a dash of red pepper flakes and a splash of white wine when waiting the tomatoes...then, continue with directions and serve up with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
I made this for dinner tonight and it was really good. I used Barilla's Bavette #13 pasta, 4 chopped vine-ripened tomatoes, 300 grams of baby spinach leaves, a white onion, sea salt & freshly ground pepper and the other ingredients as listed. Will make again!
I made this just as posted and we really enjoyed it. The next time I make it I'll add some sauted garlic and olive oil to the pasta before I add the veggie because the pasta needed alittle something to keep it from tasting bland.It was a quick and easy dish. It was ready to eat in about 20 mins. Thanks for posting it.