Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light June 2003.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté 30 seconds. Add shrimp; sauté 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp mixture from pan. Add chicken broth and lemon juice to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Add cooked pasta, shrimp, spinach, and capers, and heat 1 minute or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently.