Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a lovely pasta dish with a creamy sauce. Shrimp and Snow peas complement each others flavors very well. Shortcut note: I keep pesto frozen in my freezer to make this. I put the veggies in a handheld strainer and poach them in the same pot as the pasta is cooking in.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 cups fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic, Minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, Chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2⁄3 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas, trimmed
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, stir in flour and cook for a few minutes until golden.
- Add milk and cream, bring to a gentle simmer and continue to stir until thickened.
- Add pesto, parsley, garlic, parmesan, salt, pepper, worcestershire and tabasco, and stir until blended.
- Reduce heat and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta quickly in a large pot of boiling water (3 to 4 minutes, or until al dente).
- At the same time, poach the pepper and snowpeas in another pot of boiling water ( 2 or 3 minutes, or until just heated through).
- Drain the pasta, mix it with the sauce and portion it into heated individual serving bowls.
- Garnish each portion with shrimp and vegetables, and serve immediately.
- Note: You can also poach the veggies ahead of time and add them directly to the sauce just before serving as a step saver.
My husband loved this. I omitted the tabasco and used 1 minced fresh jalapeno added to the sauce with the garlic. I also used fresh chopped cilantro instead of parsley and doubled the amount of red pepper. To cut the cholesterol a little I used 2 Cups of 2% milk and 1 Cup of cream. Great basic recipe.
This was really, really good, but really rich! A nice splurge.
I thought this was really good. It took me way longer than 30 mins. I used tapitos hot sauce because I didn't have any tabasco. NOT hot in the least. Don't be scared to use it. Thank you!