Recipe by threeovens
This is DH's special request. I keep trying to tell him I can't cook. I searched and searched the DB and could not find this recipe. Well maybe I actually can cook, because this good!
Top Review by Beemergirl1975
I listened to everyone's reviews and added more lemon, it was not needed. The first few bites are impressive with the extra lemon, but shortly after it makes overkill. Make it as outlined here and you'll be fine! Also don't worry about seasoning until the reduction is done. All and all this was an excellent relatively easy dish that I plan to make again!!!!! Me and my hubby loved it!
- 226.79 g angel hair pasta or 226.79 g other pastas
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 425.24 g can cherry tomatoes, drained
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml capers, chopped only if large
- 56.69 g Baby Spinach
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml cornstarch, optional to thicken the sauce
- 170.09 g shrimp, cooked
- 113.39 g fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small dice (they will sort of stick together, but it's going to be stirred into the hot pasta anyway, so no worr)
- kosher salt (optional)
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium heat; add garlic and stir for about a minute so as not to brown.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, milk, lemon juice, capers, and spinach; season with nutmeg and black pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes or so, then sprinkle with cornstarch (if you want a thicker sauce) and stir; break up tomatoes by smooshing them, if desired.
- Stir in shrimp and heat through; taste and adjust seasonings including a bit of salt, if needed.
- Add mozzarella to pasta and toss a bit.
- Pour sauce over pasta and garnish with parsley.