1/3 Photos of Angel Hair Pasta With Shrimp and Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce
This is DH's special request. I keep trying to tell him I can't cook. I searched and searched the DB and could not find this recipe. Well maybe I actually can cook, because this good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g angel hair pasta or 226.79 g other pastas
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 425.24 g can cherry tomatoes, drained
- 236.59 ml milk
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml capers, chopped only if large
- 56.69 g Baby Spinach
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml cornstarch, optional to thicken the sauce
- 170.09 g shrimp, cooked
- 113.39 g fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small dice (they will sort of stick together, but it's going to be stirred into the hot pasta anyway, so no worr)
- kosher salt (optional)
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- 2In a large skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium heat; add garlic and stir for about a minute so as not to brown.
- 3Stir in broth, tomatoes, milk, lemon juice, capers, and spinach; season with nutmeg and black pepper.
- 4Cook for 10 minutes or so, then sprinkle with cornstarch (if you want a thicker sauce) and stir; break up tomatoes by smooshing them, if desired.
- 5Stir in shrimp and heat through; taste and adjust seasonings including a bit of salt, if needed.
- 6Add mozzarella to pasta and toss a bit.
- 7Pour sauce over pasta and garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Hair Pasta With Shrimp and Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.6
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 651.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 23.6 g