This is DH's special request. I keep trying to tell him I can't cook. I searched and searched the DB and could not find this recipe. Well maybe I actually can cook, because this good!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta or 8 ounces other pastas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cherry tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped only if large
- 2 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, optional to thicken the sauce
- 6 ounces shrimp, cooked
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small dice (they will sort of stick together, but it's going to be stirred into the hot pasta anyway, so no worr)
- kosher salt (optional)
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium heat; add garlic and stir for about a minute so as not to brown.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, milk, lemon juice, capers, and spinach; season with nutmeg and black pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes or so, then sprinkle with cornstarch (if you want a thicker sauce) and stir; break up tomatoes by smooshing them, if desired.
- Stir in shrimp and heat through; taste and adjust seasonings including a bit of salt, if needed.
- Add mozzarella to pasta and toss a bit.
- Pour sauce over pasta and garnish with parsley.