Prep 14 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 unpeeled jumbo fresh shrimp
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup peeled seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chablis or 1⁄2 cup other dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat a 9" skillet over high heat 1 minute; add olive oil, and heat 10 seconds.
- Add shrimp, garlic, and shallot; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add asparagus and next 4 ingredients; stir in wine, scaping particles that cling to bottom of skillet, if necessary, add pasta, parmesan cheese, and remaining ingredients; toss gently.
- Serve immediately over angel hair pasta.
Seriously delicious. We devoured it and have plans to make it again next week!
This is exactly the recipe I was looking for. It is very easy to prepare and it tastes excellent. I followed the recipe to a t, and loved it. I do think you could play around with the ingredients, I think it would be good with chicken instead of shrimp....the possibilities are endless, I shall make this recipe again and again, thanks Dancer