Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Food & Wine.
- 4 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oregano
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 2 bunches arugula, large stems discarded (4 packed cups)
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese, plus more
- pecorino cheese, for serving
- fresh ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and the red wine and balsamic vinegars.
- Stir in the oregano and lemon zest and set the arugula on top.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the shallots.
- Season with salt and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente. Drain and add to the serving bowl with the shallots and 1/4 cup of Pecorino.
- Toss and season with salt and pepper. Serve with additional Pecorino.