Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice Pasts dish.
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, for scallops
- 16 ounces fresh sea scallops, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Place breadcrumbs on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cook with salted water.
- Drain well. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- At the same time heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup parsley and next 4 ingredients; sauté 1 minute.
- Add flour and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add clam juice, stirring constantly.
- Cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour over pasta and toss well. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat, add scallops and sauté 4 minutes or until scallops are done. Add to pasta mixture, toss gently.
- Spread the bread crumbs on top of the pasta and serve.