Recipe by Bev
This is a real quick fix to a week night supper, using canned tuna. Would make a second night meal using leftover tuna. Discovered in Fine Cooking Magazine.
Top Review by groovyrooby
This made an easy, convenient, and delicious dinner. I really liked the versatility of this recipe. My husband hates pepperoncinis and capers, so, sadly, we rarely have dinners that include them. This recipe allowed me to split the tomatoes after adding the garlic and lemon stuff. I then put peppers & capers in my sauce and, taking another reviewer's advice, added red pepper flakes to his. He was thrilled with his "sauce"! Thanks for sharing this great recipe. We will definitely be making this again for a fast and tasty dinner.
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds (or grape)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) canlight tuna in vegetable oil, drained and separated into chunks
- 2 tablespoons pepperoncini peppers (about 4 medium peppers from jar, stemmed, seeded and minced)
- 1 tablespoon capers, lightly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter (cold)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, packed and freshly grated
- 8 ounces dried angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile in a 11-12 inch skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Add the tomatoes (WARNING: be careful of splattering oil and juice) and cook until tomatoes begin to collapse and their juices run and begin to thicken, 6-10 minutes.
- Note: If you have stubborn tomatoes, you may need to crush them a bit with a spatula or pierce them with a knife.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the tuna, pepperoncini, capers, lemon juice, butter and the lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and keep warm while pasta cooks.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain well, arrange in individual serving bowls, top with sauce and parsley.