Want something super easy but so impressive? This healthy dish is elegant, simple, fresh, and so tasty. Basically throw it all on a pan, bake, chop, enjoy! Feel free to add any ingredient you would like, such as mushrooms, peppers, or spinach, the possiblities are endless. I recommend this dish for anyone trying to impress a dinner guest or .... even a special date! In the summer, use farm grown tomatoes for their amazing flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 475
- 2Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- 3On a large sheet pan, lay tomatoes cut side up.
- 4Cut sausage links into 1/2 inch slices on the bias. Place on the same pan, but keep sausage slices all together. (We want to be able to remove the sausage easily before putting tomatoes in food processor)
- 5Scatter garlic, onion slices, and basil on the pan with the tomatoes. Sprinkle the kosher salt & crushed red pepper over all of the ingredients.
- 6Drizzle the olive oil over everything, more or less to taste. I like to get a little olive oil on each tomato half.
- 7Place in heated oven for 45-50 minutes.
- 8About 15 minutes before sauce is done, start cooking the angel hair pasta. Angel hair cooks very fast, so keep an eye on it. When done, drain and drizzle with olive oil so it doesn't stick together.
- 9Back to the sauce!
- 10When tomatoes begin to 'roast' or turn black, it should be done. Smash a garlic clove if unsure. If soft, it's done.
- 11Remove from the oven, let it cool for 5 minutes.
- 12Remove sausage slices and set aside. Throw the remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency. A blender can be used, but should be done in small batches and for only a few seconds on 'chop' setting.
- 13Pour the pasta into a large pretty bowl, drizzle again with a little olive oil if desired. Add the sausage. After processing the tomato mixture, pour over the sausage and pasta.
- 14Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan.
- 15Garnish with a sprig of basil.
- 16Serve with a salad and french bread. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Hair Pasta With Roasted Tomato Sauce & Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1024.9
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 53.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 2858.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 35.3 g