Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This healthy dish is elegant, simple, fresh, and so tasty. Basically throw it all on a pan, bake, process, enjoy! Feel free to add any ingredient you would like, such as mushrooms, spinach, the possiblities are endless. I highly recommend this dish for anyone trying to impress a dinner guest or ....date! And if possible, in the summer, use farm grown tomatoes for the amazing flavor.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 10 roma tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 475.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- On a large sheet pan, lay tomatoes cut side up.
- Scatter garlic, onion slices, and basil on the pan with the tomatoes. Sprinkle the kosher salt and crushed red pepper over all of the ingredients.
- Drizzle the olive oil over everything, more or less to taste. I like to get a little olive oil on each tomato half.
- Place in heated oven for 35-45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before sauce is done, start cooking the angel hair pasta. Angel hair cooks very fast, so keep an eye on it. When done, drain and drizzle with olive oil so it doesn't stick together.
- Back to the sauce!
- When tomatoes begin to 'roast' or turn black, it should be done. Smash a garlic clove if unsure. If soft, it's done.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Throw it all in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
- Pour the pasta into a large pretty bowl, drizzle again with a little olive oil if desired. After processing, pour the tomato sauce over the pasta.
- Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil.
- Serve with a salad and french bread. Enjoy!