Recipe by Minxkat1
I love the flavor of roasted garlic and parmesan. This is family night comfort food.
- 4 heads garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (500 g) package angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut about 1/4 inch from the top of the garlic bulbs.
- Pour chicken broth in oven proof dish.
- Place bulbs on top of broth, place thyme and rosemary on top of garlic and sprinkle with pepper.
- Cover dish with tin foil.
- Placed halved tomatoes in another oven proof dish.
- Pour 1 Tbsp olive oil over tomatoes.
- Cover with foil.
- Put both dishes in oven for 1 1/4 hours, checking garlic every now and then.
- If the dish is getting dry add a bit more chicken broth.
- Uncover both dishes and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven.
- Fill large pot with hot water and add about 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain water and put pasta back into pot.
- When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze bulbs into food processsor, add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, evaporated milk, parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.
- Process for about two minutes.
- Add to drained pasta, stir to mix.
- Pass extra parmesan to sprinkle on each serving.