Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick pasta dish,but still elegant
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup fresh green peas (, or frozen)
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto, , cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions,drain,reserving a small amount of cooking water.
- Return pasta to pot,tossing with olive oil,salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in large,non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot and cook until tender,about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cream and white wine.
- Bring to boil.
- Add peas and cook until tender,2-3 minutes.
- Stir in prosciutto and parmesan,cook for 1 minute.
- Add pasta and toss to coat well.
- Top with additional parmesan if desired.
- Serve with Chardonnay.
Wonderful, easy recipe...I used leftover ham from the holidays instead of proscuitto and it was fabulous, I did add a little garlic but that is the only change I did....
I used penne pasta both times i made this dish, and it worked fine. The first time i used cream, as the recipe says, and the second time i used 1% milk. Didn't turn out as well with the milk, but was still good -- just not the thick, yummy sauce that only cream will give you.
I would truly give this more than 5 stars if I could! This was a breeze to throw together, but was absolutely delicious! The gentle flavors meld together to produce a wonderful, savory, elegant dish that I would definitely serve to company. I followed everything exactly as you stated except that I probably used a tiny bit more parmesan cheese than 1/4 cup. :) Divinemom5, thanks so much for this recipe. We loved it!