Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Love angel hair pasta with pine nuts. Got this recipe from another site. Not low calorie. Enjoy.
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts (pignoli)
- 1⁄2 cup clarified butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 1⁄3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch fresh ground white pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- Toast pine nuts slowly in a skillet, watching carefully not to burn.
- Remove from skillet when nuts are tan in color.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, Drain.
- Combine heavy cream, clarified butter, 2 1/3 tablespoons butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a saucepan; heat thoroughly.
- Add pasta to the heated sauce.
- Let sauce reduce to a creamy consistency.
- Top with nuts and serve.
Rich Very Rich! Easy and quick! You have to get on the tread mill after this one!