Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of his recipes from the show The Chew. Quick and easy.
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 4 ounces pancetta or 4 ounces good quality bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, fresh
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile ,take diced pancetta and add to saute pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Saute until just crisp.
- Add broccoli to pan with pancetta. Continue cooking until just tender.
- Add pine nuts to pan and move contents in the pan to one side and add another tablespoon of olive oil and the sliced garlic. You want the garlic to toast but not burn.
- Ladle in 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the pan and mix to incorporate.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot. Combine mixture and chili flakes if using with the pasta.
- Serve hot and pass with the parmesan cheese.
Very good pasta dish! Made with diced pancetta that I got from Trader Joes. Made for a nice light lunch. Made for Photo Tag.