Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
For oyster lovers.
Top Review by Jan Waters
Absolutely OUTSTANDING!! The only thing we substituted is chopped basil for the chopped parsley and only because we didn't have the parsley! Thanks for sharing...it made one heck of a dinner for us tonight! We served it with a spinach and pear salad. Can't tell you how much we appreciate your recipe...we'll use it time and time again!!
- 4 slice bacon, chopped
- 118.29 ml chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine
- 453.59 g shucked oyster, rinsed and drained (halved if large)
- 1.23-2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 226.79 g angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon, onion, and garlic; pour off excess drippings and transfer mixture to a lightly greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Using the same skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in the oysters; saute about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with seasonings; stir in wine and bring to a boil.
- Add oyster-wine mixture to casserole dish; add pasta and gently mix.
- Bake in a 375° oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.