Recipe by Primordial
Served with a fresh salad, I think this is a perfect summer weekday meal. It comes together very fast if you prepare all the ingredients beforehand. (note: typo in wine amount has been corrected - 1/4 cup, not 1 1/4 cup - yowza, that'd be a lot of wine!)
Top Review by Karen's Krazy Kitchen
Fantastic! The lemon really adds a great zing. This is a great dish to try when you have more home grown tomatoes than you know what to do with. Be brave, try it and enjoy the rave reviews! Thx. for sharing this recipe with us.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -8 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups vine-ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced medium
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in several quarts of salted water (keep an eye on it - angel hair cooks a lot faster than other pasta and you don't want it mushy). Place it in a large serving bowl, add the basil and Parmesan cheese and toss to mix.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet and saute the garlic for a minute or so until it *just* begins to change color. Add the wine and cook until it has been reduced by about half (2-4 minutes). Stir in the lemon juice and tomatoes and remove the sauce from heat until the pasta is ready.
- Pour lemon-tomato sauce over pasta mixture, add salt and pepper to taste and toss to mix. Serve with extra Parmesan on the side, if desired.