Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my 365 Ways to Cook Low-Fat Cookbook. Looks yummy and simple!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- In a large saucepan filled with boiling water, cook pasta until firm. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place flour in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in milk until mixture is smooth. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Gradually stir milk mixture into saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until sauce boils and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add wine, stirring constantly; if you add the wine too fast, the mixture will curdle. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in lemon zest, dill, salt and cayenne.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl. Pour on sauce; toss to coat. Serve hot.