Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you don't have chicken substitute 12 oz. of tuna. Tastes great. Found this in the Cook it Light recipe book
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 carrot, cut into small dice (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 9 ounces fresh angel hair pasta
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Add the onion and carrot and cook them, stirring over medium heat until the onion is soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add some water if it is dry.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, stirring just until it is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with the basil, oregano, thyme, and pepper.
- Add the broccoli, cover, and steam for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and warm it, but don't let it boil Cook pasta until al dente, drain well.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce mixture, then add the cheese.
- Cover the pan until the sauce has thickened slightly, 3-5 minutes.
This recipe is very good. The only change we made was to use about 1 1/2 cups of frozen broccoli instead of the fresh. Another suggestion I would make is that each person salt and pepper to their own taste.
We thought this was okay. It was a little dry and a little bland. But I guess this goes with the territory for low fat :) We also used frozen broccoli and I also added some garlic because I always do! We didn't hate this, we didn't love this, it was just okay! Thanks!