Recipe by Tish
If you don't have chicken substitute 12 oz. of tuna. Tastes great. Found this in the Cook it Light recipe book
Top Review by BeckyF
This recipe is very good. The only change we made was to use about 1 1/2 cups of frozen broccoli instead of the fresh. Another suggestion I would make is that each person salt and pepper to their own taste.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 carrot, cut into small dice (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 9 ounces fresh angel hair pasta
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Add the onion and carrot and cook them, stirring over medium heat until the onion is soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add some water if it is dry.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, stirring just until it is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with the basil, oregano, thyme, and pepper.
- Add the broccoli, cover, and steam for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and warm it, but don't let it boil Cook pasta until al dente, drain well.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce mixture, then add the cheese.
- Cover the pan until the sauce has thickened slightly, 3-5 minutes.